CLAO ERF Scientific Symposium AND ANNUAL MEETING – BROCHURES NOW AVAILABLE!
The CLAO Education and Research Foundation (CLAO-ERF) will host its 5 th Annual Scientific Symposium on Thursday, September 11 th and Friday, September 12 th, 2008, at the Westin Casuarina Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada. This research symposium is focused on cutting-edge developments in the field of contact lenses and anterior segment science. The symposium is open to CLAO Members only and will be offered over two half-day periods (Thursday afternoon and Friday morning). The Trustees of the Foundation have planned this meeting to be both enjoyable and informational; special optional social events for attendees are included in the meeting brochure. For more information on the ERF Symposium, please click on the link http://www.clao.org/PDFs/08-ERF4pp-web.pdf.
The CLAO Annual Meeting for 2008 will immediately follow the CLAO Education and Research Foundation (CLAO-ERF) Symposium. The meeting is open to members and non-members and will be held on Friday afternoon, September 12 th, and Saturday, September 13, 2008, at the Westin Casuarina Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information on the Annual Meeting, please click on the following link http://www.clao.org/PDFs/CLAO-AnMeeting08.pdf or contact the CLAO Home Office via phone at (877) 501-3937, fax (651) 731-0410, or via firstname.lastname@example.org. JCAHPO also has a technician program, which will be held on Friday & Saturday, September 12-13, 2008 at the Westin Casuarina Hotel. Program Topics include: AMD TechTrax SM, DSAEK, Glaucoma, New Developments in Corneal Surgery, Ocular Emergencies, Rare and Usual Causes of Red Eye, and Visual Field Testing and Reading of the Glaucoma Patient. Be sure to bring your technician!http://www.jcahpo.org/pdfs/Nevada7-08-web.pdf
Room reservations may be made at the Westin Casuarina Hotel via phone numbers (702) 836-5900 or (800) 937-8461. When calling, ask for a room from the JCAHPO/CLAO Room Block. Note: the reservation cut off for the room block is August 11, 2008. Reservations may also be made online at:www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=0712195285&key=3A06D
2008 NAMED LECTURESHIPS
Michael Goldstein, MD, CLAO Scientific Program Chair, announced that James Chodosh, MD, has been nominated by the CLAO Board of Directors to present the 2008 Oliver H. Dabezies, Jr., MD, Lectureship and Mark Terry, MD, has been nominated to present the 2008 Harold A. Stein, MD Lectureship. These Lectureships will be held during the CLAO Annual Meeting. The Oliver H. Dabezies, Jr., MD, Lectureship is titled Evidence Based Therapy For Herpes Keratitis, and the Harold A. Stein, MD Lectureship is titled Endothelial Keratoplasty: Current Techniques to Avoid Dislocation, Graft Failure and Endothelial Damage. These Lectureships are made possible through the Oliver H. Dabezies, Jr., MD Fund and Harold A. Stein, MD Fund of the CLAO Education and Research Foundation (CLAO-ERF).
PRODUCT/INDUSTRY NEWS Information in this section has been provided to CLAO by press releases and other means. CLAO does not warranty its accuracy; nor does notice of a product in this section constitute an endorsement by CLAO.
- Bausch & Lomb, Inc., announced that it has named Joseph Barr, O.D., M.S., as vice president, Global Clinical & Medical Affairs and Professional Services, Vision Care.
- Danube Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a privately held biopharmaceutical company specializing in the commercial research and development of innovative drugs for ophthalmology, announced the appointment of Dr. Brian Levy, OD, MSc, as its Chief Operating Officer. Lens Dynamics offers the Quad Sym Lens that features Quadrant Specific Technology with lathing of four different base curves for fitting irregular corneas. For more information visit http://www.lensdynamics.com/QuadSym/QuadSym.htm
- VISTAKON ®, Division of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. announced its plans to introduce ACUVUE ® OASYS TM Brand Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM. The lens will soon be available at some U.S. eye care professionals’ offices, with distribution expected to grow in the coming months.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- AAO Annual Meeting will be held November 8-11, 2008 in Atlanta, GA.
- 2009 International Contact Lens Summit will be held September 24-26, 2009 in Montreal, Canada.
CLAO “DID YOU KNOW?”
FDA approved therapeutic soft contact lenses (bandage lenses) were introduced in the United States in the mid-1970's.
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK
Let us know what you think of CLAO’s eNews. We would love to hear your feedback on our monthly newsletter. Do you have any comments/suggestions on how we can improve to meet your needs? Send your feedback email@example.com .